Monday, September 13, 2010

Photopost: Festival Fireworks

I had to work from home today because I was sore enough that moving and eating made me feel queasy. At lunchtime I had to go into work to sort out a problem with access (totally accidental). I was using my stick, and bumped into a colleague who asked why I was working at home. "Because I woke up this morning in too much pain to walk anywhere." Ten minutes later, we had a conversation that ended up with me describing how I was off home to lie on my front on the couch because sitting up was getting too painful.
"Oh, I really envy you on your couch." says she.

I just ignored it, but it's now really bugging me that I didn't make reference to how she could enjoy the excrutiating pain too. Or similar put-down. I really hate esprit d'escalier. Dammit!

There is always tomorrow, but it would be too late, and anyway, I'm pretty sure it was thoughtless or badly put - she really meant she'd prefer to be working on the couch at home, rather than suggesting that I wasn't working, or that I wasn't in pain/didn't have a good reason to work from home.

Anyway, on a far more entertaining note, have some fireworks photos. These are all taken from the comfort of my bedroom window, while wearing my jammies. There's an advantage to living in such a noisy place!
Also, the only processing has been the watermark and resizing. All the weird effects are due to long exposures and in some cases, the high winds.

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010
A good example - no photoshoppery, even though it looks like someone scribbled on the sky with a pencil.

I'll stick the rest under a cut; have a look:



Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

The final burst of fireworks:

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Edinburgh Festival Fireworks 2010

Another thing that seriously improved my day was having P at home. I was provided with a roast dinner - chilli marinaded rolled pork belly, with the most fantastic crackling I have ever had, and glazed roasted potatoes, sunburst squash and carrots, and fantastic gravy. Not only that, but I have just finished munching a piece of soft, homemade, white bread. The flat has been suffused with the heady feel-good scents of roasting meat and veg, and homemade bread. I think I shall be dreaming about food allll night.
My main contribution to all this was to float about performing paparazzi duties, when not stuffing my face with excellent food. Once I get them off my camera there will no doubt be a blog post.
blog comments powered by Disqus